- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Obama loses trust of Israel backers
Question of the Day
“I do not think that the relationship has been damaged yet,” said George S. Naggiar, chairman of the American Association for Palestinian Equal Rights.
However, Mr. Naggiar noted that “because the United States wants to maintain an image of power and credibility among Arabs and Muslims and because Israel’s refusal to end settlements will undermine that image, such refusal has the potential to damage the U.S. relationship with Israel.”
Mr. Naggiar said American Jews, while strongly linked with the Democratic Party, are not single-issue voters and only a small minority are fiercely devoted to maintaining and expanding Jewish settlements.
But Jeff Daube, director of the Zionist Organization of America’s Israel office, said he thinks the president’s positions have taken a toll.
“There is no doubt that it has damaged the relationship,” Mr. Daube said of Mr. Obama’s call to halt settlements.
About the Author
- SHEFFIELD: Olbermann ethics fiasco
- SHEFFIELD: CNN puts the moves on cable TV
- SHEFFIELD: Sampling the Tea Party
- BOOK REVIEW: Insider's view of the financial crisis
- SHEFFIELD: The Clinton curse
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq