LOCAL POWER RANKINGS " WHO'S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The kid won't be unveiled until Friday? Yet another sign the Nationals don't know how to capitalize on the rare positive story.
He survived 10 snaps against Baltimore's blitzing defense. Next up for the quarterback is Pittsburgh. Tighten that chin strap.
The Maryland sharpshooter is on the Wooden Award watch list, which has 50 players, including Georgetown's Greg Monroe.
It has been a week since he anointed Jose Theodore the No. 1 goalie entering camp. Why? It is Semyon Varlamov's time to shine.
He acquired Nyjer Morgan and sealed the Stephen Strasburg deal, earning the job as the Nationals' permanent GM.
TWT FIVE: MOST POPULAR REDSKINS TWITTER PAGES
1. Trent Shelton (@TrentShelton) - Followers: 18,765. A mystery considering he's a long-shot receiver trying to make the roster.
2. Chris Cooley (@thecooleyzone) - Followers: 15,431. Not surprising because he's the Redskins' most popular player not named Colt Brennan.
3. DeAngelo Hall (@Dhall23) - Followers: 11,136. Hall has started a new Web site and is a pretty constant presence on his account.
4. Chase Daniel (@ChaseDaniel) - Followers: 7,662. He has a big following from his playing days at Missouri.
5. Devin Thomas (@devinthomas) - Followers: 5,026. Not a big tweeter; five posts since start of training camp.
Totals as of Wednesday evening
HE SAID WHAT?
"I really have no interest in what Brett Favre does. [But] it's an absolute circus." - Hall of Famer and former Vikings quarterback Fran Tarkenton
By Rand Paul
Obama acts as though we no longer have a Constitution
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
Contributions to the Communities Sports desk from readers.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc