- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
First Down: Top five Redskins Twitter pages
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS " WHO'S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The kid won't be unveiled until Friday? Yet another sign the Nationals don't know how to capitalize on the rare positive story.
He survived 10 snaps against Baltimore's blitzing defense. Next up for the quarterback is Pittsburgh. Tighten that chin strap.
The Maryland sharpshooter is on the Wooden Award watch list, which has 50 players, including Georgetown's Greg Monroe.
It has been a week since he anointed Jose Theodore the No. 1 goalie entering camp. Why? It is Semyon Varlamov's time to shine.
He acquired Nyjer Morgan and sealed the Stephen Strasburg deal, earning the job as the Nationals' permanent GM.
TWT FIVE: MOST POPULAR REDSKINS TWITTER PAGES
1. Trent Shelton (@TrentShelton) - Followers: 18,765. A mystery considering he's a long-shot receiver trying to make the roster.
2. Chris Cooley (@thecooleyzone) - Followers: 15,431. Not surprising because he's the Redskins' most popular player not named Colt Brennan.
3. DeAngelo Hall (@Dhall23) - Followers: 11,136. Hall has started a new Web site and is a pretty constant presence on his account.
4. Chase Daniel (@ChaseDaniel) - Followers: 7,662. He has a big following from his playing days at Missouri.
5. Devin Thomas (@devinthomas) - Followers: 5,026. Not a big tweeter; five posts since start of training camp.
Totals as of Wednesday evening
HE SAID WHAT?
"I really have no interest in what Brett Favre does. [But] it's an absolute circus." - Hall of Famer and former Vikings quarterback Fran Tarkenton
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Richard Ivory, editor-in-chief of Hip Hop Republicans and HHR at Communities Digital News, turns his interests, and pen, to the people making news today.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow