- The Washington Times - Monday, August 24, 2009

HARTFORD, Conn. — A spokesman for actor Alec Baldwin says Mr. Baldwin has no plans to challenge Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman, Connecticut independent, in the 2012 election.

Matthew Hiltzik said Monday that Mr. Baldwin does not plan to move to Connecticut or to run against Mr. Lieberman. He said Mr. Baldwin doesn’t want to see Mr. Lieberman leave the Senate because there are so few moderate Republicans there.

It’s a reversal from Mr. Baldwin’s comments published last week in Playboy magazine, in which the “30 Rock” star mulls a Senate campaign and says he had “no use” for Mr. Lieberman.

Mr. Lieberman, who was asked about the issue Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” said he respects Mr. Baldwin as an actor but dared him to “make my day” with a Senate challenge.

“30 Rock” airs on NBC.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide