- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
First Down: Must wins for 2010 Terps
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The Moscow Dynamo was banned two games for his latest ejection. Maybe this time he’ll finally learn a lesson: He can’t fight everybody’s battles.
Despite a 2-10 record, he will return as Maryland’s coach. Translation: There wasn’t enough money in the coffers to pay his buyout.
Even those who think the NBA is like watching paint dry must enjoy seeing the 5-foot-5 guard play for the Wizards. Entering Wednesday, he was averaging 20.8 minutes and 9.6 points.
Sacked by Dan Snyder during the Great Coach Search in January 2008, he returns with the 11-0 Saints on Sunday. He’ll absolutely want to destroy the Redskins.
Out for a third game with a concussion, the Redskins running back wants to return this year, but the right decision is to put him on injured reserve.
TWT FIVE MUST WINS FOR 2010 MARYLAND FOOTBALL
1. Sept. 4 vs. Navy (in Baltimore) — This year’s 2-10 season started with a debacle at California. The Terps need to get off faster in 2010, and this would be a big step.
2. Sept. 11 vs. Eastern Michigan — The Eagles were 0-12 this season and allowed 36 points a game. No excuses.
3. TBA vs. Wake Forest — The Demon Deacons fell back to earth this year, but they still scorched Maryland for 42 points.
4. TBA at Virginia — The Al Groh error is finally over in Charlottesville, and the Cavaliers will be in rebuilding mode under a new staff.
5. TBA vs. Duke — The Terps were 2-5 at home this year; getting back to being bowl eligibility includes winning games like this.
THURSDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Minus Alex Ovechkin, the Capitals play host to Florida. 7 p.m., CSN
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Harry Reid's visa pressure cooker
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Galaxy S4 owner claims Samsung tried to silence him after phone caught fire
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A column dedicated to discussing politics, national security, civil liberties, and education.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
The “Silver Tsunami” created by aging Baby Boomers is hitting America. Let’s explore how we adjust to it, enjoy it and defy negative expectations about age.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow