- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
CITIZEN JOURNALISM: FYI
Free HIV testing in Prince George’s
Prince George’s County has the second-highest number of cases for both HIV and AIDS in Maryland, according to county health officials.
On World AIDS Day Tuesday, the county health department, the University of Maryland School of Public Health and the city of Seat Pleasant are providing free HIV testing at the university’s Nyumburu Cultural Center in College Park from 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
They also are sponsoring a World AIDS Day event with speakers from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the cultural center. The event will focus on young people in an effort to help prevent new cases by heightening awareness and providing education.
World AIDS Day is an international day of action that occurs each year on Dec. 1 to raise awareness of the HIV/AIDS epidemic caused by the spread of HIV infection and to reduce the spread of the disease through education. This year’s theme is Universal Access and Human Rights.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again