- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Question of the Day
Advice compiled and condensed from actual sources by Kelly Jane Torrance, who composed the questions.
I need your help again. This time, though, it’s not for my daughter Lindsay - it’s for me.
I’ve just been arrested, if you can believe it. For making a phone call! Fine, my ex-girlfriend had a restraining order against me, and contacting her violated that. But what else could I do? It’s a scary world out there, as my daughter can attest, and a lonely one.
What can a guy do when he feels the need for a little contact?
- Michael Lohan
Personally, I experience the greatest degree of pleasure in having contact with works of art. They furnish me with happy feelings of an intensity such as I cannot derive from other realms.
- Albert Einstein
I can’t seem to get out of the news. Now an interview I did a week and a half before the crash that changed my life has been aired. In it, I talked a lot about how important my family is to me. And it is. But maybe my views have developed differently over the years.
It’s one thing to be a typical, middle-class family man. It’s another to be one of the most famous and highly paid athletes in the world. (Though I’m not sure how much longer that latter thing will be true - the more mistresses that come out of the woodwork, the more sponsorships I lose.)
Can’t people understand that such a transformation would change a man?
- Tiger Woods
Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.
- Anthony Brandt
About the Author
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- White House faces press revolt over access to Obama's South Africa flight
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- GOP Rep. Tim Murphy rolls out mental health legislation
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Chef Mary Moran discusses the food we eat, where it comes from and what it does for us.
An informed and often humorous take on the world of advertising, public relations and social media. 100% Pure. Not from concentrate.
Does it take over 25 years in public service to really know what goes on in Washington?
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow