- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Question of the Day
Advice compiled and condensed from actual sources by Kelly Jane Torrance, who composed the questions.
I need your help again. This time, though, it’s not for my daughter Lindsay - it’s for me.
I’ve just been arrested, if you can believe it. For making a phone call! Fine, my ex-girlfriend had a restraining order against me, and contacting her violated that. But what else could I do? It’s a scary world out there, as my daughter can attest, and a lonely one.
What can a guy do when he feels the need for a little contact?
- Michael Lohan
Personally, I experience the greatest degree of pleasure in having contact with works of art. They furnish me with happy feelings of an intensity such as I cannot derive from other realms.
- Albert Einstein
I can’t seem to get out of the news. Now an interview I did a week and a half before the crash that changed my life has been aired. In it, I talked a lot about how important my family is to me. And it is. But maybe my views have developed differently over the years.
It’s one thing to be a typical, middle-class family man. It’s another to be one of the most famous and highly paid athletes in the world. (Though I’m not sure how much longer that latter thing will be true - the more mistresses that come out of the woodwork, the more sponsorships I lose.)
Can’t people understand that such a transformation would change a man?
- Tiger Woods
Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.
- Anthony Brandt
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq