- Study to test ‘chocolate’ pills for heart health
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DWI
- Obama, Abbas to meet Monday morning regarding peace talks
- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
- RNC goes on offensive with ad buys in 14 targeted states
- Saudi Arabia bans 50 ‘blasphemous’ baby names — like Benjamin
- Jack Daniel’s up in arms at Tenn. push to ‘weaken’ whiskey label
- Sen. Murphy: Putin ‘making this up as we go along’
- Ron Paul: ‘Washington does not care about our privacy’
- Paris bans cars, trucks from city to stave off smog
CITIZEN JOURNALISM: Group likens Obama, ‘evil’ policies to Hitler
Members of the Lyndon LaRouche movement have circulated political tracts picturing President Obama with a Hitler-like mustache, handing them out on Connecticut Avenue and Q Street Northwest in the Dupont Circle area. Mr. LaRouche doesn’t like Mr. Obama’s health care reform proposal.
In the magazine-like tract, titled “Pound of Flesh! Act Now!” Mr. LaRouche said: “The kindest thing that could be said about President Obama’s currently adopted policies is that they are not only evil in the specifically fascist intentions which they express in practice, as in notable instances which are essentially exact copies of Adolf Hitler’s policies, as in the case of his current health-care and so-called ‘environmentalist’ policies: even though they might be viewed as honest mistakes made by the clinically insane.”
Mr. LaRouche, 87, is a native of Rochester, N.H., who has run for president eight times since 1976, including once as a Labor Party candidate. He sought the Democratic Party nomination seven times. He also is a former felon, having been convicted of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and tax code violations.
• Joseph Young is a writer living in Washington.
TWT Video Picks
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Guinness quits New York's St. Patrick's Day parade over gay march prohibition
- Crimea votes in favor of secession; U.S. rejects
- Obama makes play for Obamacare in March Madness-themed ad
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Ron Paul: 'Washington does not care about our privacy'
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014