- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Question of the Day
Answers compiled by Kelly Jane Torrance, who also composed the questions.
I might be the most famous liar in American history. Everyone remembers that I said, “I did not have sexual relations with that woman” - and then had to admit I did. Now the airwaves are abuzz with news that I lied about that affair in grand-jury testimony as well.
I said it before, and I’ll say it again: I still don’t get what all the fuss is about. What does it matter if I lied about a private, sexual matter?
- Bill Clinton
A lie would have no sense unless the truth were felt to be dangerous.
- Alfred Adler
Our marriage has officially come to an end. The divorce papers are final. What we’re trying to figure out is why we got married in the first place. He’s a wannabe player who looks anything but. And all of America has discussed her signature style, otherwise known as a train wreck of a hairdo. What were we thinking?
- The Gosselins
Dear Jon and Kate,
Love is blind, but marriage restores its sight.
- Georg C. Lichtenberg
As everyone knows, my girlfriend, Reese Witherspoon, and I broke up. I wanted to get married; she didn’t. I guess she’s reluctant after her first husband left her for another woman.
But I’m different. I really felt we were soul mates. And I did my best to agree to all her rules. They were tough, though - absolutely no swearing, shoes off in the house and take the garbage out when the can is three-quarters full. But what do these things matter when you really love someone?
- Jake Gyllenhaal
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world