- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Question of the Day
Answers compiled by Kelly Jane Torrance, who also composed the questions.
I might be the most famous liar in American history. Everyone remembers that I said, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - and then had to admit I did. Now the airwaves are abuzz with news that I lied about that affair in grand-jury testimony as well.
I said it before, and I'll say it again: I still don't get what all the fuss is about. What does it matter if I lied about a private, sexual matter?
- Bill Clinton
A lie would have no sense unless the truth were felt to be dangerous.
- Alfred Adler
Our marriage has officially come to an end. The divorce papers are final. What we're trying to figure out is why we got married in the first place. He's a wannabe player who looks anything but. And all of America has discussed her signature style, otherwise known as a train wreck of a hairdo. What were we thinking?
- The Gosselins
Dear Jon and Kate,
Love is blind, but marriage restores its sight.
- Georg C. Lichtenberg
As everyone knows, my girlfriend, Reese Witherspoon, and I broke up. I wanted to get married; she didn't. I guess she's reluctant after her first husband left her for another woman.
But I'm different. I really felt we were soul mates. And I did my best to agree to all her rules. They were tough, though - absolutely no swearing, shoes off in the house and take the garbage out when the can is three-quarters full. But what do these things matter when you really love someone?
- Jake Gyllenhaal
Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
- Joyce Brothers
About the Author
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Our Choice: Individual responsibility and self-government or the abandonment of the American Revolution
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow