- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
Answers compiled by Kelly Jane Torrance, who also composed the questions.
I might be the most famous liar in American history. Everyone remembers that I said, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - and then had to admit I did. Now the airwaves are abuzz with news that I lied about that affair in grand-jury testimony as well.
I said it before, and I'll say it again: I still don't get what all the fuss is about. What does it matter if I lied about a private, sexual matter?
- Bill Clinton
A lie would have no sense unless the truth were felt to be dangerous.
- Alfred Adler
Our marriage has officially come to an end. The divorce papers are final. What we're trying to figure out is why we got married in the first place. He's a wannabe player who looks anything but. And all of America has discussed her signature style, otherwise known as a train wreck of a hairdo. What were we thinking?
- The Gosselins
Dear Jon and Kate,
Love is blind, but marriage restores its sight.
- Georg C. Lichtenberg
As everyone knows, my girlfriend, Reese Witherspoon, and I broke up. I wanted to get married; she didn't. I guess she's reluctant after her first husband left her for another woman.
But I'm different. I really felt we were soul mates. And I did my best to agree to all her rules. They were tough, though - absolutely no swearing, shoes off in the house and take the garbage out when the can is three-quarters full. But what do these things matter when you really love someone?
- Jake Gyllenhaal
Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
- Joyce Brothers
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
There's nothing centrist about the senior senator from Virginia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq