- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Wizards’ Butler gets happy homecoming
MILWAUKEE | Caron Butler finally had a happy homecoming.
After experiencing either serious injury or losses in trips to his home state of Wisconsin since 2007, Butler on Wednesday night left Bradley Center with both a victory and his health.
The Wizards won their second straight game 109-97 thanks greatly to 25 points and 10 rebounds from Butler, who knocked down a fourth-quarter Milwaukee run-stopping jumper to tie the score at 86-86 and then scored once again to help the Wizards put the Bucks away.
Antawn Jamison added 23 points and had 10 rebounds, and Gilbert Arenas had 18 points for Washington.
The Wizards — winners of consecutive games only twice this season — were coming off of a 105-98 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday.
The Wizards outscored the Sixers 33-19 in the fourth quarter of that game, and in that quarter, Gilbert Arenas led the way with 12 points. Arenas & Co. remained hot Wednesday night against the Bucks, taking a 37-27 lead after the first quarter. Washington opened the game by shooting an impressive 65.2 percent from the field in the opening period, and Arenas set the pace with 13 points.
About the Author
- Wizards respond on practice court
- Saunders flips out about Wizards' defense
- Saunders fumes as Wizards regress
- Wizards close out 2009 with another loss
- Late breakdown costs Wizards in Memphis
Latest Blog Entries
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.