- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
LaRON LANDRY [DOWN]
Opponents have been picking on the Redskins safety all year
ALBERT HAYNESWORTH [DOWN]
High-priced defensive tackle made more noise during the week than during the game
JOE GIBBS [SIDE]
Ex-Redskins coach comes up from North Carolina to watch another dismal performance
PLAYER OF THE GAME
The Cowboys’ quarterback continued his December hot streak and carved up the Redskins’ defense. Absent a running game for most of the evening, Romo completed 25 of 38 passes for 286 yards, one touchdown and a deflected interception.
PLAY OF THE GAME
Score: Dallas 7, Washington 0
Quarter: Second, 9:03 remaining
Situation: Cowboys’ ball, first-and-10 on the Dallas 28
The play: Quarterback Tony Romo flipped a short pass to tight end Jason Witten, and Witten did the rest, outrunning safety LaRon Landry and nearly everybody else to the Washington 3. The 69-yard play was the longest of Witten’s career, and it set up Marion Barber’s touchdown run on the next play that gave the Cowboys a 14-0 lead.
About the Author
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq