- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
First Down: Must wins for 2010 Terps
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The Moscow Dynamo was banned two games for his latest ejection. Maybe this time he’ll finally learn a lesson: He can’t fight everybody’s battles.
Despite a 2-10 record, he will return as Maryland’s coach. Translation: There wasn’t enough money in the coffers to pay his buyout.
Even those who think the NBA is like watching paint dry must enjoy seeing the 5-foot-5 guard play for the Wizards. Entering Wednesday, he was averaging 20.8 minutes and 9.6 points.
Sacked by Dan Snyder during the Great Coach Search in January 2008, he returns with the 11-0 Saints on Sunday. He’ll absolutely want to destroy the Redskins.
Out for a third game with a concussion, the Redskins running back wants to return this year, but the right decision is to put him on injured reserve.
TWT FIVE MUST WINS FOR 2010 MARYLAND FOOTBALL
1. Sept. 4 vs. Navy (in Baltimore) — This year’s 2-10 season started with a debacle at California. The Terps need to get off faster in 2010, and this would be a big step.
2. Sept. 11 vs. Eastern Michigan — The Eagles were 0-12 this season and allowed 36 points a game. No excuses.
3. TBA vs. Wake Forest — The Demon Deacons fell back to earth this year, but they still scorched Maryland for 42 points.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again