- N.Y. prosecutors: Russian diplomats bilked $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
First Down: Must wins for 2010 Terps
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS WHO'S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The Moscow Dynamo was banned two games for his latest ejection. Maybe this time he'll finally learn a lesson: He can't fight everybody's battles.
Despite a 2-10 record, he will return as Maryland's coach. Translation: There wasn't enough money in the coffers to pay his buyout.
Even those who think the NBA is like watching paint dry must enjoy seeing the 5-foot-5 guard play for the Wizards. Entering Wednesday, he was averaging 20.8 minutes and 9.6 points.
Sacked by Dan Snyder during the Great Coach Search in January 2008, he returns with the 11-0 Saints on Sunday. He'll absolutely want to destroy the Redskins.
Out for a third game with a concussion, the Redskins running back wants to return this year, but the right decision is to put him on injured reserve.
TWT FIVE MUST WINS FOR 2010 MARYLAND FOOTBALL
1. Sept. 4 vs. Navy (in Baltimore) -- This year's 2-10 season started with a debacle at California. The Terps need to get off faster in 2010, and this would be a big step.
2. Sept. 11 vs. Eastern Michigan -- The Eagles were 0-12 this season and allowed 36 points a game. No excuses.
3. TBA vs. Wake Forest -- The Demon Deacons fell back to earth this year, but they still scorched Maryland for 42 points.
4. TBA at Virginia -- The Al Groh error is finally over in Charlottesville, and the Cavaliers will be in rebuilding mode under a new staff.
5. TBA vs. Duke -- The Terps were 2-5 at home this year; getting back to being bowl eligibility includes winning games like this.
THURSDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Minus Alex Ovechkin, the Capitals play host to Florida. 7 p.m., CSN
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- At minimum, a bad deal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
We’re not all having tea with the Queen you know.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
White House pets gone wild!