- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
First Down: Must wins for 2010 Terps
Question of the Day
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS WHO'S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The Moscow Dynamo was banned two games for his latest ejection. Maybe this time he'll finally learn a lesson: He can't fight everybody's battles.
Despite a 2-10 record, he will return as Maryland's coach. Translation: There wasn't enough money in the coffers to pay his buyout.
Even those who think the NBA is like watching paint dry must enjoy seeing the 5-foot-5 guard play for the Wizards. Entering Wednesday, he was averaging 20.8 minutes and 9.6 points.
Sacked by Dan Snyder during the Great Coach Search in January 2008, he returns with the 11-0 Saints on Sunday. He'll absolutely want to destroy the Redskins.
Out for a third game with a concussion, the Redskins running back wants to return this year, but the right decision is to put him on injured reserve.
TWT FIVE MUST WINS FOR 2010 MARYLAND FOOTBALL
1. Sept. 4 vs. Navy (in Baltimore) -- This year's 2-10 season started with a debacle at California. The Terps need to get off faster in 2010, and this would be a big step.
2. Sept. 11 vs. Eastern Michigan -- The Eagles were 0-12 this season and allowed 36 points a game. No excuses.
3. TBA vs. Wake Forest -- The Demon Deacons fell back to earth this year, but they still scorched Maryland for 42 points.
4. TBA at Virginia -- The Al Groh error is finally over in Charlottesville, and the Cavaliers will be in rebuilding mode under a new staff.
5. TBA vs. Duke -- The Terps were 2-5 at home this year; getting back to being bowl eligibility includes winning games like this.
THURSDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Minus Alex Ovechkin, the Capitals play host to Florida. 7 p.m., CSN
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world