- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
First Down: Newsmakers
WEDNESDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Capitals give their new-look lineup its first test run at San Jose. 10 p.m., CSN
NEWSMAKERS " WHO'S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
The coach's decision to pull the then-perfect Colts' starters with a lead in Week 16 shouldn't have been so resoundingly panned. They were leading, after all.
The well-traveled outfielder gets a $66 million payday from the New York Mets, who've never been shy about wasting money.
Once considered quirky, the Texas Tech football coach suddenly seems a lot more creepy. He also needs a better lawyer.
What's in the water in Gainesville? A few years ago, Billy Donovan quit and came back to Florida, and now Meyer has done the same in less than 24 hours.
He booted a 61-yard field goal -- the NFL's fourth-longest -- in another Raiders loss. Get Stats Inc. on the horn: How many meaningful kicks has this guy tried?
TWT FIVE >> REMAINING FREE AGENT HITTERS
1. Matt Holliday, OF -- Cream of the crop batted .353 for St. Louis.
2. Jermaine Dye, OF/DH -- Can still mash (27 HR last year in 141 games) when healthy.
3. Orlando Hudson, 2B -- O-Dog is consistent in the field and at the plate.
4. Hank Blalock, 3B -- Former phenom should come cheap, and he has potential.
5. Johnny Damon, OF -- Has aged well with the Yankees (he's 36) and can do a little bit of everything at the plate.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business "The Independents" special "The Gun Show"
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again