- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
First Down: Newsmakers
Question of the Day
WEDNESDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Capitals give their new-look lineup its first test run at San Jose. 10 p.m., CSN
NEWSMAKERS " WHO'S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
The coach's decision to pull the then-perfect Colts' starters with a lead in Week 16 shouldn't have been so resoundingly panned. They were leading, after all.
The well-traveled outfielder gets a $66 million payday from the New York Mets, who've never been shy about wasting money.
Once considered quirky, the Texas Tech football coach suddenly seems a lot more creepy. He also needs a better lawyer.
What's in the water in Gainesville? A few years ago, Billy Donovan quit and came back to Florida, and now Meyer has done the same in less than 24 hours.
He booted a 61-yard field goal -- the NFL's fourth-longest -- in another Raiders loss. Get Stats Inc. on the horn: How many meaningful kicks has this guy tried?
TWT FIVE >> REMAINING FREE AGENT HITTERS
1. Matt Holliday, OF -- Cream of the crop batted .353 for St. Louis.
2. Jermaine Dye, OF/DH -- Can still mash (27 HR last year in 141 games) when healthy.
3. Orlando Hudson, 2B -- O-Dog is consistent in the field and at the plate.
4. Hank Blalock, 3B -- Former phenom should come cheap, and he has potential.
5. Johnny Damon, OF -- Has aged well with the Yankees (he's 36) and can do a little bit of everything at the plate.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forged'
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- HURT: Postal Service misses address by a whole continent
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
- EDITORIAL: Motor City meltdown
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Does it take over 25 years in public service to really know what goes on in Washington?
Despite cynicism about the law, it can provide you justice, protection, and ensure your rights.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch