- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Answers compiled by Kelly Jane Torrance, who also composed the questions.
We've split up after 23 years together. We're a little shocked at how shocked everyone is.
We suppose two-plus decades is a long time - especially in this business. We were one of the few Hollywood relationship success stories. And some might wonder why we're splitting up now. She's 63, he's 51. It might seem old to start fresh. Especially since she's rumored to be involved with someone half her age. But how else does one stave off the thoughts of death?
- Susan Sarandon and
Dear Susan and Tim,
In every parting there is an image of death.
- George Eliot
I simply cannot believe I was treated in such a way. I was actually escorted off a plane over the holidays. Yet I was not the one acting like an animal.
There were children running through the aisles and screaming on a flight I was on. I tried to give them the discipline their parents wouldn't. Actually, all I did was curse at them. They certainly deserved it.
But the flight attendant got upset with me, rather than the children and their parents. It is ridiculous. So I was kicked off the plane, while the animals remained. Is this justice?
- Ivana Trump
Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
- Mark Twain
I keep picking the wrong women - the ones who just don't listen. I spent most of Christmas Day in a jail cell after my wife called the cops on me. The arrest papers say I held a knife to her throat and threatened to have her killed - by the kind of ex-cops who know how to do it right. I was upset that she had threatened to divorce me. I've already been through a nasty divorce with actress - I mean, reality star - Denise Richards.
It wasn't the first time I've been accused of getting violent with a woman. My engagement with Kelly Preston was broken off after I shot her in the arm - accidentally, of course. Denise also accused me of threatening her.
I'm sick of the way these women have treated me. I'm a high-powered movie and television star. Shouldn't they be doing what I tell them? I certainly provide them with the good life.
- Charlie Sheen
Do you beat your own wife as you would a slave? That must you not do.
About the Author
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- House votes for bargain to end budget drama
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow