- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Question of the Day
Answers compiled by Kelly Jane Torrance, who also composed the questions.
We've split up after 23 years together. We're a little shocked at how shocked everyone is.
We suppose two-plus decades is a long time - especially in this business. We were one of the few Hollywood relationship success stories. And some might wonder why we're splitting up now. She's 63, he's 51. It might seem old to start fresh. Especially since she's rumored to be involved with someone half her age. But how else does one stave off the thoughts of death?
- Susan Sarandon and
Dear Susan and Tim,
In every parting there is an image of death.
- George Eliot
I simply cannot believe I was treated in such a way. I was actually escorted off a plane over the holidays. Yet I was not the one acting like an animal.
There were children running through the aisles and screaming on a flight I was on. I tried to give them the discipline their parents wouldn't. Actually, all I did was curse at them. They certainly deserved it.
But the flight attendant got upset with me, rather than the children and their parents. It is ridiculous. So I was kicked off the plane, while the animals remained. Is this justice?
- Ivana Trump
Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
- Mark Twain
I keep picking the wrong women - the ones who just don't listen. I spent most of Christmas Day in a jail cell after my wife called the cops on me. The arrest papers say I held a knife to her throat and threatened to have her killed - by the kind of ex-cops who know how to do it right. I was upset that she had threatened to divorce me. I've already been through a nasty divorce with actress - I mean, reality star - Denise Richards.
It wasn't the first time I've been accused of getting violent with a woman. My engagement with Kelly Preston was broken off after I shot her in the arm - accidentally, of course. Denise also accused me of threatening her.
I'm sick of the way these women have treated me. I'm a high-powered movie and television star. Shouldn't they be doing what I tell them? I certainly provide them with the good life.
- Charlie Sheen
Do you beat your own wife as you would a slave? That must you not do.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq