- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
First Down: Five worst Redskins losses of ‘09
Question of the Day
WEEKEND REWIND IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Redskins blow lead against Saints - Heading into Sunday, few would have believed that the NFL’s best game of 2009 would be between the 11-0 Saints and the 3-8 Redskins. But between fluke plays (Robert Meachem’s interception/fumble/touchdown) and amazing chokes (Shaun Suisham missing a chip shot), this game was worth the nearly four hours it took to complete. Meanwhile, the Saints are only four games from 16-0, and if the Redskins’ best game of 2009 wasn’t good enough to beat them, what will?
Alabama, Texas win conference titles - Saturday’s conference championships (and assorted regular-season games) provided the drama that was missing virtually the entire college football season. At the end of it, only one thing was certain: that Alabama deserved to play for the national title. After that, who knows? Did Cincinnati trailing by 21 points at Pittsburgh before winning prove they should be No. 2? What about Texas running possibly the worst two-minute drill in football history and still beating Nebraska? Come January, with potentially three undefeated teams after the bowls, we still won’t know who the best team in the country is.
TWT FIVE REDSKINS’ WORST LOSSES IN 2009
1. Sept. 27 vs. Lions - It’s pretty much impossible to top losing to a team with a 19-game losing streak.
2. Dec. 6 vs. Saints - While losing to an undefeated team is nothing to be ashamed of, blowing a 10-point fourth-quarter lead and missing a gimme field goal that would have iced the game certainly is.
3. Oct. 18 vs. Chiefs - The aftermath of losing to the 0-5 Chiefs was much more notable; Vinny Cerrato stripped Jim Zorn of his playcalling duties.
4. Oct. 11 vs. Panthers - After rebounding from the loss to the Lions with a win, this was the defeat that dropped the Redskins below .500 and started a four-game losing streak.
5. Nov. 22 vs. Cowboys - The Redskins shut out the Cowboys for three-plus quarters but couldn’t finish, losing 7-6.
HE SAID WHAT?
“He’s a great player, but man, we’re tired of him.”
- Alabama receiver Julio Jones on Florida quarterback Tim Tebow
About the Author
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Democrats cite pope in call for minimum wage hike, jobless benefits
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
In a world that is increasingly complex, we need to seek greater awareness of the blending of cultures and America's changing role in a global community.
Find up-to-date information on the D.C. and Baltimore live music scenes and read interviews with artists and reviews of the latest releases and concerts.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from the carpool lane.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow