- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Ovechkin scores twice in return to lineup
Question of the Day
Ovechkin pushed the lead to three with another weird sequence late in the middle period. Washington’s power play was scuffling, but the Caps had an odd-man rush after nearly yielding a chance at the other end.
Semin sent a pass from left to right to Fleischmann, but his one-timer clanged off the right post. The rebound went off Ovechkin’s stick near the left post and trickled along the goal line before tucking just inside the net at the far side.
“The second one was a pretty lucky goal,” Ovechkin said. “I try to use my backhand and then my forehand, and I just missed the puck, but it still [went] in.”
The last time Ovechkin played in this building, his “hot stick” celebration for his 50th goal last season set off a swirl of criticism - not unlike the stir his two ejections in three games caused last month.
“I thought [Ovechkin] was a little rusty and wasn’t moving his legs like most of us weren’t in the first period,” Boudreau said. “We started moving our legs, and we started getting chances to score.”
About the Author
- The Capitals' Cup full of dreams
- Capitals' Green left off Canada's roster
- Capitals' new addition brings energy
- Capitals trade their captain to Columbus
- Disastrous first period dooms Capitals
Latest Blog Entries
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors