NEWSMAKERS WHO'S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
His impenetrable wall has been shattered, with more questions -- and names of women -- piling up by the day.
One of the brightest stars in Detroit -- an otherwise dreary city -- is close to being shipped to the Yankees, the World Series champs.
The hottest college football assistant in the country is in line to leave the Gators to take over Louisville's program.
With the spotlight brighter than it had shone since September, the former Falcons QB had two touchdowns for the Eagles in Atlanta on Sunday.
The best pitcher on baseball's free agent market will become a rich man soon.
TWT FIVE WILLIAM & MARY MASCOT CANDIDATES
William & Mary unveiled five finalists for its new mascot with a Jan. 7 deadline for feedback. Here's how we rank them:
1. King and Queen -- Two are better than one, and the idea is more rooted in the school's history than the other choices.
2. Wren -- One of many bird submissions, this comes with a nod to history -- the Wren building is the oldest college building in the country.
3. Griffin -- A mythical figure with body of lion and the head of eagle.
4. Phoenix -- Considered a symbol of the school's resilience. If that were the case, it wouldn't need a new mascot.
5. Pug -- Another flat-faced dog mascot? Bad idea. Besides, pugs are so nonthreatening.
HE SAID WHAT?
"Safely land golf cart in the Hudson River."
-- David Letterman's fourth way (of 10) for Tiger Woods to improve his image