- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Question of the Day
THURSDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
It’s an NBA Finals rematch as the Los Angeles Lakers visit the Boston Celtics. 8 p.m., TNT
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS ” WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
He got the dreaded vote of confidence from athletic director Debbie Yow right before a 17-point loss.
It’s starting to look like that “interim” tag will come off along with the “coach” title.
The NHL’s top-scoring defenseman has played himself into Norris Trophy consideration.
Chris Clark’s injury should give Fehr more opportunities to skate and score for the Caps.
The area’s best prep football player has a shot at a national title after signing with the Florida Gators.
TWT FIVE ” REMAINING MLB FREE AGENTS
1. Manny Ramirez - Be it one or two years, Manny is likely to give a team the most bang for its buck from this group.
2. Adam Dunn - Dunn is a younger but more mistake-prone slugger.
3. Ben Sheets - Age (30) earns him this spot over Pedro Martinez (37).
4. Orlando Hudson - Three Gold Gloves and he continues to improve at the plate.
5. Andruw Jones - He’s a huge gamble but one that could pay off if he’s in shape.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Donald Sterling trial: Testimony ends as Shelly Sterling doesn't return to stand
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq