- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
- California church handing out ‘travel cash’ to illegals heading east
- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Dan Daly: All bets are off as these teams play for it all
Question of the Day
TAMPA, Fla. — It’s hard to go against the Cardinals on Sunday night. I mean, they’ve never lost a Super Bowl.
In fact, they’ve never lost an NFL championship game when there wasn’t a foot of snow on the ground.
Wonder if any of that affected the betting line.
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. It’s amazing his name doesn’t run over onto the front of his Cards jersey, isn’t it?
For those of you scoring at home, that’s 25 letters and one hyphen - which makes the Arizona cornerback the John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt of professional football.
The only way it could be better is if Rodgers-Cromartie intercepts Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday night. I’d love to hear Al Michaels spit out that mouthful.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin gave his final injury report Saturday, by the way. Roethisberger (lower back), he said, is “fine,” Hines Ward (knee) is “great” and Mean Joe Greene (62 years old) will be “a game-time decision.”
Three comments overheard during Super Bowl week:
About the Author
Dan Daly has been writing about sports for the Washington Times since 1982. He has won numerous national and local awards, appears regularly in NFL Films’ historical features and is the co-author of “The Pro Football Chronicle,” a decade-by-decade history of the game. Follow Dan on Twitter at @dandalyonsports –- or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DALY: Rookies RG3, Alfred Morris hold their own against two Browns greats
- DALY: Players soon may equate Redskins with winning
- DALY: Just the tip of the iceberg for these Redskins
- DALY: Quarterbacks waste no time making impact
- DALY: Striking a balance integral to Redskins’ success
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
The EPA takes its cue from rogue president on wage-garnishment scheme
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- LeBron James returning to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- Breaking special forces: Obama nominee Gen. Joseph Votel warns that elite troops may be 'fraying'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs