WEDNESDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Capitals return home after their Sunshine State sweep to face newcomer Mathieu Schneider and the Canadiens. 7:30 p.m., CSN
NEWSMAKERS: WHO'S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK?
Along with Kobe, Shaq earned his third All-Star Game MVP award Sunday night with 17 points on 8-for-9 shooting.
Kenseth will try to do what Jimmie Johnson accomplished on 2006: Win Daytona and then the Sprint Cup.
This will be more of a story when this guy STOPS making news for his drug incident.
Big Papi said players who get caught for using steroids should get suspensions of a year. You'd better be clean, pal.
No. 16 on the NFL's career rushing list won't finish his career in a Jaguars uniform.
TWT FIVE NEXT NHL COACHES TO GO
Coaches get fired with absurd frequency in the NHL (two in the past three weeks). Here's a look at five more guys who could be out the door this season or shortly thereafter:
1. Tom Renney, Rangers -- His team can't score, and goaltending has been shaky. It's not his fault, but someone's going to take the fall.
2. Brent Sutter, Devils -- New Jersey looks poised for a deep playoff run... which means it's about time for Lou Lamoriello to fire Sutter and become the coach.
3. Tony Granato, Avalanche -- Don't look now, but Colorado is languishing at the bottom of the Western Conference.
4. Alain Vigneault, Canucks -- Vancouver has been hot as of late, but if it fails to make the playoffs Vigneault might as well pack his bags.
5. Rick Tocchet, Lightning -- Given the loony ownership decisions in Hockey Bay, nothing would be surprising.