- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Question of the Day
HE SAID WHAT?
“I’m not talking about it anymore.” — Alex Rodriguez when asked Thursday about his steroid use
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
SPURS at WIZARDS
Roger Mason Jr. returns to the District with an NBA Finals contender, while the Wizards are only contenders in the Blake Griffin sweepstakes.
NORTH CAROLINA at MARYLAND
If the Terps are going to have any chance at an NCAA tournament bid, they will need to beat either UNC, Duke or Wake Forest — all ranked in the top 10 — in the next two weeks. Good luck.
GEORGETOWN at MARYLAND
Not in basketball but lacrosse. Two of the area’s top men’s programs meet Saturday in College Park.
PENGUINS at CAPITALS
It’s another chance for Alex Ovechkin to show why he — not Sidney Crosby — is the NHL’s best player. Matching his two-goal performance in January’s 6-3 win at Pittsburgh would go a long way.
TWT FIVE » NBA TRADES THAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED
1. Suns trade Shaquille O’Neal to Cavaliers for Wally Szczerbiak and Sasha Pavlovic — Cleveland balked at including Szcerbiak’s expiring contract, but imagine Shaq and LeBron squaring off with Kobe in the finals.
2. Nets trade Vince Carter to anyone — Carter’s $61 million contract is an albatross for the Nets, who want to make a run at LeBron in 2010.
3. Hornets trade Tyson Chandler to Thunder for Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox — The deal was voided after Chandler failed his physical, but Chandler would have given Kevin Durant the big man he desperately needs.
About the Author
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors