- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
OSCARS: List of winners
Best sound mixing: “Slumdog Millionaire”
Best film editing: “Slumdog Millionaire”
Best original score: A.R. Rahman, “Slumdog Millionaire”
Best (Writing) original screenplay: “Milk” by Dustin Lance Black
Steve Martin and Tina Fey presented best original screenplay.
Other nominees included: “Frozen River” by Courtney Hunt, “Happy-go-lucky” by Mike Leigh, “In Bruges” by Martin McDonough, and “WALL-E”: Andrew Stanton
Best (Writing) adapted screenplay: “Slumdog Millionaire”
“Curious Case of Benjamin Button”, Eric Roth; “Doubt”, John Patrick Shanely; “Frost/Nixon”, Peter Hogan; “The Reader”, David Hare; “Slumdog Millionaire”, Simon Beaufoy
Best animated feature: “WALL-E”
Jennifer Aniston and Jack Black walked out on stage to announce the winner for Best Animation.
Other nominees: “Bolt”, “Kung Fu Panda”
Best animated short film: “La Maison en Petit Cubes”
Other nominees: “Lavatory - Lovestory”, “Oktapodi”, “Presto”, “This Way Up”
Best art direction: “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Caught under the mistletoe
- EDITORIAL: The war on pronouns
- EDITORIAL: The Potemkin website
- EDITORIAL: The new payday inequality
- EDITORIAL: This is no bargain
Latest Blog Entries
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- U.S. Navy-China showdown: Chinese try to halt U.S. cruiser in international waters
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- Obama birther theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- North Korea's official report on Jang Song Thaek
- Billy Graham near death, close to going home to be with the Lord
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- James Bond: The spy who is really an alcoholic
- Kim Jong-un consolidating power or losing grip on North Korea's military
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow