- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
Dan Daly: Different strokes for Tiger
Question of the Day
The word on the street, by the way, is that the president-elect might appoint Tiger to a new Cabinet post - secretary of tee times.
Actually, Obama has so many things on his plate that he likely won’t be golfing much. Indeed, the national deficit is so large that he might want to rent out the White House putting green to parties.
The over-under for Sunday’s Steelers-Ravens game is 33. I’m just not sure whether it’s 33 points or 33 stretchers.
With Baltimore coming to town, Pittsburgh mayor Luke Ravenstahl filled out the paperwork to - temporarily, at least - change his name to Steelerstahl.
One more thing, Mr. Mayor. If you’re tailgating before the game - or chowing down in a luxury box - it’s OK to say, “I’m starving” but not “I’m ravenous.”
Almost every NFL stadium has a system that enables fans to text message security if they’re bothered by unruly behavior.
Just wondering: Does this behavior include roughing the passer?
The only stadiums that don’t have such a system are in New Orleans, St. Louis and Tennessee.
I’m not sure whether those teams are behind the times or whether, like me, their fans just don’t know how to text message.
About the Author
Dan Daly has been writing about sports for the Washington Times since 1982. He has won numerous national and local awards, appears regularly in NFL Films’ historical features and is the co-author of “The Pro Football Chronicle,” a decade-by-decade history of the game. Follow Dan on Twitter at @dandalyonsports –- or e-mail him at email@example.com.
- DALY: Rookies RG3, Alfred Morris hold their own against two Browns greats
- DALY: Players soon may equate Redskins with winning
- DALY: Just the tip of the iceberg for these Redskins
- DALY: Quarterbacks waste no time making impact
- DALY: Striking a balance integral to Redskins’ success
Latest Blog Entries
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq