- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Question of the Day
WEDNESDAY’S BEST BET ON TV
The Wizards continue their West Coast trip against the Kings, a rare chance for a road win. 10 p.m., CSN
NEWSMAKERS: WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
The former Ravens assistant is the New York Jets´ newest coach, and one of his first decisions should be his easiest - tell Brett Favre to remain in Mississippi.
Because Heisman winner Sam Bradford and Texas stud Colt McCoy opted to stay in school for another year, this Georgia quarterback is the obvious choice to go first overall in the NFL Draft.
The soon-to-be 40-year old signed with the New Jersey Devils last week and scored in his debut. He would have looked great in a Caps sweater.
Crazy Al still can’t figure out who will be his next coach in Oakland, further tarnishing his reputation. At this point, he might as well stick with interim coach Tom Cable.
Never heard of him? College basketball fans know that he’s the sophomore point guard for top-ranked Wake Forest, which hosts Virginia Tech tonight. He averages 21.4 points a game.
TWT FIVE ” PRESIDENTIAL SPORTS CHANGES
Now that Barack Obama is president, he should use his power and influence to improve sports. Here are some suggestions:
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq