- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
MLB POWER POLL
Rank, team Record Comment
1. DODGERS 58-34Even with a big lead in West, they can’t get complacent.
2. RED SOX 55-36 Julio Lugo gets released. All of New England celebrates.
3. YANKEES 54-37 That was a big sweep of the Tigers to open second half.
4. ANGELS 52-38 They ruined Brett Anderson’s no-hit bid in Oakland.
5. RAYS 51-41 The strangest sight at the All-Star Game: five Rays players.
6. PHILLIES 51-38 Having won eight straight, maybe they don’t need Roy Halladay.
7. GIANTS 50-41 Time for Brian Sabean to add a bat to a great pitching team.
8. ROCKIES 50-42 The Jim Tracy surge is no longer a fluke.
9. CARDINALS 51-43 Albert Pujols will take homers in games instead of the derby any day.
10. TIGERS 48-42 They got swept by the Yankees; are they for real or not?
Records and stats through Sunday
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Couple from Ethiopia begin new life in Dubuque
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again