- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Question of the Day
HE SAID WHAT?
“My new teammate LeBron James told me to tell y’all hello.” - Shaquille O’Neal, who hosted “WWE Raw” at Verizon Center on Monday
NEWSMAKERS ” WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK?
His latest announcement to the Vikings should keep the quarterback out of the headlines for at least a week and a half.
He’s available if the Vikings really feel they need another quarterback. Vick comes cheaper but with more baggage.
Sure, he won the Tour, but he couldn’t keep Lance Armstrong’s name out of his mouth, which already makes next year’s race more interesting.
He’s the prize of this week’s baseball trade derby (the deadline is Thursday). Will the Phillies - or anyone else - pay Toronto’s steep price?
Gets bored with winning all the time, tries losing a race. Evidently this inspired the winner, who broke Phelps’ 200-meter freestyle record.
TWT FIVE ” FANTASY FOOTBALL ROOKIES TO WATCH
With NFL camps starting this week, here are some fresh faces to keep an eye on as you’re forming your draft board:
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world