- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
THURSDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Magic try to even their NBA Finals series against the Lakers. 9 p.m., Chs. 7, 2
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS
And so the countdown begins. Now we’ll see how quickly he wants to play in the majors or how much he doesn’t want to play in the District.
As the offseason work wraps up, he could be the Redskins’ breakout offensive player this year. Provided, of course, he’s healthy.
If Boston gives up on David Ortiz, the Red Sox are sure to come calling for the Nationals’ slugger. But he shouldn’t be traded.
A First Down favorite, she’s first in 3-pointers (six) and second in minutes (23.5) and scoring (12.5) for the 2-0 Mystics.
The Bethesda native has nine wins and a .333 average. He’s one of five locals on Virginia’s College World Series team.
TWT FIVE: MOST RECENT STANLEY CUP FINAL GAME 7S
1. Carolina 3, Edmonton 1 (2006) - The Oilers won two elimination games, but two Hurricanes blueliners scored to secure Cup.
By Brahma Chellaney
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'economic freedom zones' for Detroit
- Redskins' season hits bottom with Chiefs blowout
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- FENNO: Mike Shanahan's empty words no salve to free-falling Redskins
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Sen. Rand Paul: 'I am seriously thinking about' running for president in 2016
- Legalizing illegal immigrants is the solution to Obamacare: Democrat
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
"Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better." - Dr. Richard Paul
Go beyond tourism's "top 10" bus tour destinations with Susan McKee as she explores the varied history, culture, food, and gardens, of the world.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!