- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
Question of the Day
WEDNESDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
America loves an underdog - especially when it’s America in international play, this time the Confederations Cup. United States vs. Spain, 2:25 p.m., ESPN
NEWSMAKERS: WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
The Spurs get younger with the addition of the star swingman. It’s a matter of time until San Antonio builds another champion.
Elizabeth is the Queen of England, but Venus just might be the Queen of Wimbledon. It’s likely only sister Serena can knock her out.
Along with Brett Hull, Luc Robitaille and Brian Leetch, Yzerman got the call from the Hall of Fame. Aside from Mark Messier, Stevie Y was the game’s best captain.
Winning the U.S. Open could be a fluke, but Glover deserves his due for holding off Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and David Duval.
Sammy, when the phone rings, rest assured it’s not the Hall of Fame calling. At least not until you offer a pathetic confession.
TWT FIVE: LEAST LIKELY NHL COVER BOYS
Patrick Kane got the nod to be on the cover of “NHL 10.” Here’s guessing these guys weren’t among the finalists:
1. Sean Avery - The clown prince of hockey couldn’t even stay on the ice for the entire Capitals series.
2. Dany Heatley - Vehicular homicide involving a teammate disqualifies him despite his talent.
3. Gary Bettman - Some don’t even want him handing out the Cup, so why have him scare away game buyers?
4. Todd Bertuzzi - He would be a better cover boy for “Fight Night Round 4” than any NHL game.
5. Don Cherry - His outlandish fashion… on second thought this isn’t such a bad idea.
About the Author
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Sen. Max Baucus: Obamas choice for China ambassador
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- President gets budget win -- but only by staying out of negotiations
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Lists of top ten movies, songs, funny moments, fashion statements, automobiles, children's names, stupid celebrity moments, first dates, last dates, weddings, and much, much more.
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow