- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
Friday’s Best Bet on Television
The Nationals head to Camden Yards for an interleague matchup with the Orioles. Ross Detwiler is scheduled to face Brad Bergesen. MASN2, 7 p.m.
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
NASCAR Sprint Cup at Loudon
Each of the past eight races at New Hampshire Motor Speedway yielded a different winner. Points leader Tony Stewart has won there twice, most recently in 2005.
IndyCar Series in Richmond
The best open-wheel drivers race under the lights on the short track, with Ryan Briscoe holding a slight points lead on 2007 IndyCar champ Dario Franchitti.
Nationals vs. Orioles
It’s the “Battle of the Beltways” at Oriole Park between two teams looking for positive momentum.
No tennis Sunday per All England Club tradition. But by Saturday we’ll have a better idea of who might stand in the way of Roger Federer’s record 15th Grand Slam title.
TWT FIVE ” BASEBALL STARS WHO NEED TO BE BENCHED
1. David Ortiz, Red Sox - Yes, he has six home runs in June. But that .219 average isn’t good enough for a player who’s paid to hit.
2. Jimmy Rollins, Phillies - Some leadoff hitter he has been. The shortstop for the defending champs is batting .211 with a .254 on-base percentage. He’s hitless in his past 19 at-bats. Hard to believe he was an MVP two seasons ago.
3. J.J. Hardy, Brewers - After establishing himself as one of the best-hitting shortstops the past two years, Hardy has been a liability at the plate this season. He’s batting .219 and has 14 extra-base hits in 63 games.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.