- The Washington Times - Wednesday, June 3, 2009

PARIS (AP) — An Air France spokesman says the airline received a bomb threat for a flight from Buenos Aires to Paris on May 27, but that warning proved to be false.

Spokesman Nicolas Petteau said Wednesday that an Air France agency in Buenos Aires received an anonymous phone call threatening Flight 415. He said the plane, a Boeing 777, was checked by security services who found no explosive devices and the plane was allowed to leave the Argentine capital.

France’s Defense Minister Herve Morin said “we have no signs so far” of terrorism regarding the Airbus A330 plane flown by Air France that disappeared Sunday night after leaving Rio de Janeiro for Paris.

He said all hypotheses must be studied. A Pentagon official also said there was no indication of terrorism.

RELATED STORY: Air France jet debris found

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide