- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
Inside the Beltway
The center calls for “a 50 percent probability of a near-normal season, a 25 percent probability of an above-normal season and a 25 percent probability of a below-normal season.”
IN THE ARMY NOW
This columnist recalls attending an Alexandria housing community keg party and concert more than a decade ago and being introduced to one friendly attendee who was comfortably clad in shorts and a bright red Hawaiian shirt, his hair worn none-too-short.
To my surprise, it was Rep. John M. McHugh, now a nine-term New York Republican and ranking member of the House Armed Services Committee, who was nominated Tuesday by President Obama to become secretary of the Army.
“Weymouth has a self-deprecating manner and a handshake like a Marine.”
Or so writes best-selling author Ronald Kessler, chief Washington correspondent of Newsmax.com, who praises Washington Post publisher Katharine Weymouth, 43, for her efforts to shed the newspaper of its long-standing liberal bias as practiced by her late grandmother, former Post Chairman Katharine Graham.
• John McCaslin can be reached at 202/636-3284 or email@example.com.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014