- The Washington Times - Friday, March 20, 2009

NEW YORK (AP) - A settlement has been reached during a trial of a lawsuit against two New York City police officers who unleashed a deadly barrage of gunfire against a pair of young robbery suspects.

A lawyer for the victims’ families says the city settled for $1.15 million after the plaintiffs rested their case. The jury did not render a verdict.

Hilton Vega was shot eight times and his cousin Anthony Rosario 14 times when they arrived at an apartment on Jan. 12, 1995. The officers, James Crowe and Patrick Brosnan, had been there interviewing residents on a tip that a robbery would take place.

An NYPD investigation found the officers acted within department guidelines, and a grand jury brought no criminal charges.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.

NEW YORK (AP) _ A settlement has been reached during a trial of a lawsuit against two New York City police officers who unleashed a deadly barrage against a pair of young robbery suspects.

A lawyer for the families of the victims says the city settled for $1.5 million after the plaintiffs rested their case. The jury did not render a verdict.

Hilton Vega was shot eight times and his cousin Anthony Rosario 14 times when they arrived at an apartment on Jan. 12, 1995. The officers, James Crowe and Patrick Brosnan, had been there interviewing residents on a tip that a robbery would take place.

An NYPD investigation found the officers acted within department guidelines, and a grand jury brought no criminal charges.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide