- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
OUT OF CONTEXT: Shhh! Let’s just keep this one between you and me
Rubberneckers vex me.
They make my commute longer than it needs to be, and they make me say stuff out of frustration:
• “Don’t slow down! That’s just a cop. With a radar gun. He can’t catch you. Worry about the next cop waiting a half-mile down the road. He’s the one you have slow down for.”
• “That’s nothing to look at. It’s just a hearse that’s flipped over. See? The driver’s OK. And the guy in the back wasn’t in great shape to begin with.”
• “What are you gawking at? You act like you’ve never seen a horse before. So what if it’s running around in a parking lot? It’ll be on YouTube by the time you get to work.”
• “Hey! ‘Parkway’ is just a name, not a directive. Keep it moving!”
The federal government now wants investors to buy “toxic” assets. Sounds good to me. I’m already on the government’s asbestos diet.
Remember Rod Blagojevich?
The former governor of Illinois who was impeached and ousted by the state legislature?
The guy who faces federal corruption charges for allegedly trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama?
The dude who wears a squirrel as a hairdo? Guess what?
About the Author
Carleton Bryant is the assistant managing editor for strategic planning and development/special projects for The Washington Times. He previously served as The Times’ Metropolitan desk editor, Features desk editor and an assistant National desk editor, as well as a National and Metropolitan reporter. He currently writes a humor blog and weekly humor column — both titled “Out of Context” — ...
- Taiwan's defenses weaker against Chinese attack, ex-VP says
- Bangkok ablaze in anarchy
- Briefly — Asia
- World Briefs
- OUT OF CONTEXT: I crashed the White House State Dinner, and all I got was a T-shirt and a lousy pict
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.