- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Secret honors for Cold War spies
Mr. Casey approved the idea. One year and $8 million later, Mr. Wise and his team developed five prototype UAVs. Mr. Clarridge proudly pointed out that the project, opposed at the time by many in the U.S. military, came in under budget.
Others attending the ceremony included Charles E. Allen, who just retired from the CIA and served as an undersecretary for intelligence and analysis at the Department of Homeland Security.
“There are old colleagues and friends, and this is a chance to honor people who have done magical, innovative things to protect the country. Their successes are unheralded, but they are heroes,” Mr. Allen said.
As the ceremonies were wrapping up, Mr. North took the microphone and began reading highlights from Mr. Clarridge’s career. It began to dawn on Mr. Clarridge that he would be getting the last award of the ceremony. “Oh …” he said from the back of the room as Mr. North began to describe a career that took Mr. Clarridge from Nepal to Latin America.
The citation on the medal given to him reads: “In recognition of his long and intrepid service, his bold and gallant leadership and his steadfast devotion to protecting the God-given rights of free people.”
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.