- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
THURSDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Carolina looks to bounce back against Pittsburgh in Game 2 of Eastern Conference finals. 7:30 p.m., Versus
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS: WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The Wizards’ GM has the fifth pick in a two-player draft. The best option is to trade the choice for any kind of veteran help.
According to SI.com, he is the worst owner among the D.C. teams. He should at least be ranked ahead of Abe Pollin and Ted Lerner.
The Caps winger lacks accountability: He refuses to learn the language, and he disappeared during the Penguins’ series. Trade him.
If anything, the Nationals are giving their young starting pitchers experience. Detwiler will go again Saturday after a nice start Monday.
The former Redskins stiff said his season in town “felt like five years.” Well, dealing with his drama and arrogance for one year felt like 15.
TWT FIVE: MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TV PICKS
1. Indianapolis 500 (Sunday) - The general sporting public pays attention to open-wheel racing one day a year - for this race.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- House votes for bargain to end budget drama
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow