- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
WEDNESDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Maybe the greatest defenseman in the world (Nicklas Lidstrom) will be back as the defending champion Red Wings try to close out the Blackhawks. 7:30 p.m., Versus
NEWSMAKERS: WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
A little more than five weeks removed from acquittal on tax evasion charges, he wins the Indy 500. That’s a nice little turnaround.
OK, so you fire agent Drew Rosenhaus. But next time you need someone to yell, “Next question!” he won’t be there.
What else is there to say? He hit a Jordanesque shot to beat the Magic, and there might be more magic left in this guy.
Lineup changes, days off, hypnotists, seances — it’s pretty certain the Red Sox will do whatever it takes to get him back on track.
His clay-court play looks so good right now that this could be the year he knocks off Rafael Nadal at the French Open.
TWT FIVE REPLAY FIXES
Ways to improve baseball’s instant replay:
1. Improve options — Having home and away feeds is a good start, but enough angles need to be available.
2. Add transparency — Heading under the stands to look at a replay? The NFL’s black hood looks brilliant by comparison.
3. Open it up — Plays at the plate (and even other bases) should be considered given what can be at stake.
4. Institute a time limit — Get it right and keep the game going — it’s not that hard.
5. Keep it — Rob Dibble wants it gone. Baseball can’t cave in to these premature rantings.
About the Author
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.