- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
THURSDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Forget the Magic-Cavaliers series, it's time for the National Spelling Bee. 8 p.m, Ch. 7, 2
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS: WHO'S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
His final chapter should be returning to the Capitals for a Stanley Cup run instead of playing in his native Russia.
The ineffective Nationals starter has finally been released -- yet another indictment of the work of former GM Jim Bowden.
He scored the second goal in Barcelona's Champions League win over Manchester United. Fans should start a Bring Messi to D.C. United Fund.
A reason to check out Tigers-Orioles on Friday night in Baltimore is the major league debut of this can't-miss prospect at catcher.
The Nationals' owner has finished the grand slam: Dominican player scandal, "Natinals" jersey, "Rossevelt" bobblehead and the steroid story.
TWT FIVE Nonplayoff 2008 NFL teams that can bounce back
1. Bears -- They still have some holes, but the offense will get a boost with the addition of Jay Cutler.
2. Saints -- The NFC South is a tough division with Atlanta and Carolina. But if the Saints play defense, they'll contend.
3. Jets -- Only a December meltdown kept the Jets out of the playoffs last year. They'll get a boost from coach Rex Ryan and linebacker Bart Scott.
4. Seahawks -- Matt Hasselbeck is back healthy, and he has a new target (T.J. Houshmandzadeh) who could spearhead a return to the playoffs.
5. Redskins -- They should start fast again. They're better than Dallas but will need to forge splits with the Giants and Eagles.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again