- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
THURSDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Forget the Magic-Cavaliers series, it's time for the National Spelling Bee. 8 p.m, Ch. 7, 2
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS: WHO'S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
His final chapter should be returning to the Capitals for a Stanley Cup run instead of playing in his native Russia.
The ineffective Nationals starter has finally been released -- yet another indictment of the work of former GM Jim Bowden.
He scored the second goal in Barcelona's Champions League win over Manchester United. Fans should start a Bring Messi to D.C. United Fund.
A reason to check out Tigers-Orioles on Friday night in Baltimore is the major league debut of this can't-miss prospect at catcher.
The Nationals' owner has finished the grand slam: Dominican player scandal, "Natinals" jersey, "Rossevelt" bobblehead and the steroid story.
TWT FIVE Nonplayoff 2008 NFL teams that can bounce back
1. Bears -- They still have some holes, but the offense will get a boost with the addition of Jay Cutler.
2. Saints -- The NFC South is a tough division with Atlanta and Carolina. But if the Saints play defense, they'll contend.
3. Jets -- Only a December meltdown kept the Jets out of the playoffs last year. They'll get a boost from coach Rex Ryan and linebacker Bart Scott.
4. Seahawks -- Matt Hasselbeck is back healthy, and he has a new target (T.J. Houshmandzadeh) who could spearhead a return to the playoffs.
5. Redskins -- They should start fast again. They're better than Dallas but will need to forge splits with the Giants and Eagles.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.