- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
THURSDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Forget the Magic-Cavaliers series, it's time for the National Spelling Bee. 8 p.m, Ch. 7, 2
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS: WHO'S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
His final chapter should be returning to the Capitals for a Stanley Cup run instead of playing in his native Russia.
The ineffective Nationals starter has finally been released -- yet another indictment of the work of former GM Jim Bowden.
He scored the second goal in Barcelona's Champions League win over Manchester United. Fans should start a Bring Messi to D.C. United Fund.
A reason to check out Tigers-Orioles on Friday night in Baltimore is the major league debut of this can't-miss prospect at catcher.
The Nationals' owner has finished the grand slam: Dominican player scandal, "Natinals" jersey, "Rossevelt" bobblehead and the steroid story.
TWT FIVE Nonplayoff 2008 NFL teams that can bounce back
1. Bears -- They still have some holes, but the offense will get a boost with the addition of Jay Cutler.
2. Saints -- The NFC South is a tough division with Atlanta and Carolina. But if the Saints play defense, they'll contend.
3. Jets -- Only a December meltdown kept the Jets out of the playoffs last year. They'll get a boost from coach Rex Ryan and linebacker Bart Scott.
4. Seahawks -- Matt Hasselbeck is back healthy, and he has a new target (T.J. Houshmandzadeh) who could spearhead a return to the playoffs.
5. Redskins -- They should start fast again. They're better than Dallas but will need to forge splits with the Giants and Eagles.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Young and healthy millennials create risky imbalance by shunning Obamacare
- Obama: Growing income inequality 'defining challenge' of this generation
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.