THURSDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Forget the Magic-Cavaliers series, it's time for the National Spelling Bee. 8 p.m, Ch. 7, 2
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS: WHO'S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
His final chapter should be returning to the Capitals for a Stanley Cup run instead of playing in his native Russia.
The ineffective Nationals starter has finally been released -- yet another indictment of the work of former GM Jim Bowden.
He scored the second goal in Barcelona's Champions League win over Manchester United. Fans should start a Bring Messi to D.C. United Fund.
A reason to check out Tigers-Orioles on Friday night in Baltimore is the major league debut of this can't-miss prospect at catcher.
The Nationals' owner has finished the grand slam: Dominican player scandal, "Natinals" jersey, "Rossevelt" bobblehead and the steroid story.
TWT FIVE Nonplayoff 2008 NFL teams that can bounce back
1. Bears -- They still have some holes, but the offense will get a boost with the addition of Jay Cutler.
2. Saints -- The NFC South is a tough division with Atlanta and Carolina. But if the Saints play defense, they'll contend.
3. Jets -- Only a December meltdown kept the Jets out of the playoffs last year. They'll get a boost from coach Rex Ryan and linebacker Bart Scott.
4. Seahawks -- Matt Hasselbeck is back healthy, and he has a new target (T.J. Houshmandzadeh) who could spearhead a return to the playoffs.
5. Redskins -- They should start fast again. They're better than Dallas but will need to forge splits with the Giants and Eagles.
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Taking a deeper look at the undeniable connection between mind and body from a writer and speaker on matters of health, and a practitioner of Christian Science.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
A carefully guided tour through the confusing world of modern bookselling and publishing.
Empowering mind/body/spirit and health dialogue along with cutting-edge, conscious social, political, and world commentary with Adam Omkara. Join the Evolution!
Tea Party blasts IRS
Frederick Douglass statue unveiled
World's Ugliest Dog Contest
Spelling Bee finale
Marines train Afghan soldiers
Rolling Thunder 2013