No.) Player (Ht., Wt.) Year Pos. — Skinny
21) Jason Clark (6-2,170) sophomore guard — Unanimous pick by fellow Hoyas as most improved; Clark is poised to blossom.
20) Jerrelle Benimon (6-7, 242) freshman forward — Blue-collar banger is fairly skilled and athletic despite his off-radar recruiting ranking.
12) Ryan Dougherty (6-0, 192) junior guard — Transfer from Rochester is a walk-on who will push Georgetown guards in practice.
15) Austin Freeman (6-4, 227) junior guard/forward — Two-year starter dropped a dozen pounds in the offseason in hopes of adding quickness.
5) Nikita Mescheriakov (6-8, 215) junior forward — Nine-time starter last season; strong practice player struggled with transition to prime time.
10) Greg Monroe (6-11. 247) sophomore center — Big East rookie of the year returns as the centerpiece of Georgetown’s offense.
11) Vee Sanford (6-3, 180) freshman guard — Floor general from Lexington, Ky., has drawn raves as program’s next Jon Wallace.
30) Henry Sims (6-10, 230) sophomore forward/center — There’s big-time upside for the Baltimore forward with freakish wingspan and athleticism.
25) Stephen Stepka (6-6, 190) freshman guard — Walk-on joins Dougherty to give Georgetown best practice pairing of John Thompson III era.
1) Hollis Thompson (6-7, 205) freshman forward — Los Angeles blue-chipper was a midterm enrollee in last year; could see major minutes.
22) Julian Vaughn (6-9, 247) junior forward — Florida State transfer is auditioning with Sims for starting frontcourt role opposite Monroe.
4) Chris Wright (6-1, 208) junior guard — Starting point man could wreak havoc for opponents if he stabilizes his oft-erratic play.
REASONS TO HOPEView Entire Story
By Rand Paul
Obama acts as though we no longer have a Constitution
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Viewing and reviewing the Los Angeles experimental and classic punk scene with a nod to Rodney's English Disco
One man’s perspective. Exploration and commentary designed to challenge the conventional thinking of day on the political issues affecting our nation.
First over-the-counter column approved for fast and effective relief from even your worst media-induced headache.
Contributions to the Communities Sports desk from readers.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc