- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
NEWSMAKERS WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
He has a World Series record-tying five homers with at least one more game to go; the MVP at this point, win or lose.
He has played one game for the Memphis Grizzlies, and he came off the bench. And he’s already ticked off about it.
Tossed four touchdown passes against the Packers to earn his first win at Lambeau Field as a visitor.
Florida linebacker suspended by Urban Meyer for a mere half of the next game after his eye-gouging incident.
Stayed out of trouble at Talladega to earn a top-10 finish and stay atop the NASCAR points lead with three races left.
TWT FIVE BETTER WAYS FOR DAN SNYDER TO APOLOGIZE TO REDSKINS FANS
1. Remove the ban on signs at FedEx Field - Apparently The Danny didn’t realize that suppressing the opinions of fans in the nation’s capital might be received poorly.
2. Fire Vinny Cerrato - The Redskins drafted Devin Thomas and Fred Davis ahead of DeSean Jackson in 2008.
3. Hire a general manager - Or anyone who knows that hiring someone as an offensive coordinator, then naming him head coach, makes the franchise look amateurish.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again