- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
NEWSMAKERS WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
He has a World Series record-tying five homers with at least one more game to go; the MVP at this point, win or lose.
He has played one game for the Memphis Grizzlies, and he came off the bench. And he’s already ticked off about it.
Tossed four touchdown passes against the Packers to earn his first win at Lambeau Field as a visitor.
Florida linebacker suspended by Urban Meyer for a mere half of the next game after his eye-gouging incident.
Stayed out of trouble at Talladega to earn a top-10 finish and stay atop the NASCAR points lead with three races left.
TWT FIVE BETTER WAYS FOR DAN SNYDER TO APOLOGIZE TO REDSKINS FANS
1. Remove the ban on signs at FedEx Field - Apparently The Danny didn’t realize that suppressing the opinions of fans in the nation’s capital might be received poorly.
2. Fire Vinny Cerrato - The Redskins drafted Devin Thomas and Fred Davis ahead of DeSean Jackson in 2008.
3. Hire a general manager - Or anyone who knows that hiring someone as an offensive coordinator, then naming him head coach, makes the franchise look amateurish.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forged'
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Fitton
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Richard Ivory, editor-in-chief of Hip Hop Republicans and HHR at Communities Digital News, turns his interests, and pen, to the people making news today.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow