- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Strained muscle sidelines Strasburg
Question of the Day
Top Washington Nationals pitching prospect Stephen Strasburg was scratched from his scheduled start in Saturday’s Arizona Fall League Rising Stars Game because of a neck strain.
Strasburg, the top pick in June’s draft, was slated to start the exhibition, which pits the best AFL prospects against one another and will be televised by MLB Network.
The Nationals said the decision to scratch Strasburg was precautionary. He woke up Wednesday with a stiff neck, then was examined Friday and diagnosed with a strained muscle. His status is day-to-day, and it has not been determined when he’ll make his next start. He last pitched Monday, allowing one run on four hits in five innings.
The right-hander, 21, has appeared in four games for the Phoenix Desert Dogs, dominating three of them. He’s 3-1 with a 5.28 ERA, but discounting a rough outing Oct. 22, he’s 3-0 with a 1.42 ERA and a 13-3 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
Fellow Nationals right-hander Josh Wilkie was invited to take Strasburg’s roster spot for the game. Reliever Drew Storen, the 10th pick in June, already had been chosen to participate.
About the Author
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Nobody likes to talk about dying. But we can help.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow