- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Abortion a main issue in health debate
Question of the Day
A vote on the amendment only came up because House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, couldn’t reach agreement with a pro-life group of 40 Democrats that threatened to block the bill from getting to the floor.
House Minority Leader John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, questioned the three Democratic committee chairmen who crafted parts of the bill, asking them to promise the language would remain in the bill once the House and Senate plans are merged. None agreed.
The abortion amendment is likely to put new pressure on the Senate to either remove the language or tone it done. But Democratic leaders already have their hands full trying to pass the reform bill as planned. In the Senate, moderate Democrats are apprehensive of the reform plans and are awaiting to see the legislation that Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, sends to the Senate floor, expected no sooner than next week.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Senate overcomes first filibuster of Obama's border-spending bill
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world