- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
OUT OF CONTEXT: Does this column make me look fat? Yeah, I thought so.
I hope you’re feeling OK, and if you’re not, I hope that you’ll be feeling OK real soon.
I hope that people everywhere are feeling OK or will be feeling OK real soon.
I hope that animals everywhere feel OK, even those we eat. Because happy animals taste better.
And I hope that this message gives me the inside track for next year’s Nobel Peace Prize.
Because I’m taking that $1.4 million award and I’m going to Vegas, baby!
That’s the real audacity of hope.
• You can reach Carleton Bryant at 202/636-3218 and firstname.lastname@example.org — but only if you’re not from the phone company.
About the Author
Carleton Bryant is the assistant managing editor for strategic planning and development/special projects for The Washington Times. He previously served as The Times’ Metropolitan desk editor, Features desk editor and an assistant National desk editor, as well as a National and Metropolitan reporter. He currently writes a humor blog and weekly humor column — both titled “Out of Context” — ...
- Taiwan's defenses weaker against Chinese attack, ex-VP says
- Bangkok ablaze in anarchy
- Briefly — Asia
- World Briefs
- OUT OF CONTEXT: I crashed the White House State Dinner, and all I got was a T-shirt and a lousy pict
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- IRS pays tax cheats hundreds of millions of dollars
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Senators in rush to pass budget vow to undo cut to military retirement pay
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow