- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Musicians blast using tunes to torment
Question of the Day
The National Campaign to Close Guantanamo, lead by retired Gens. Robert Gard and John Johns, said the base has been al Qaeda’s biggest recruitment tool and will remain such until it is shut down. Enhanced interrogation techniques, including waterboarding, were suspended at Guantanamo in 2003. President Obama has pledged to close the camp.
“The torture that went on there is disgraceful and puts our troops at risk every day,” Mr. Gard said. “I sympathize for the musicians whose music was used without their knowledge as part of the Bush administration’s misguided policies.”
Others weren’t so sympathetic.
“It’s almost laughable to think that heavy metal bands like Nine Inch Nails and Rage Against the Machine have a moral authority on national security issues,” Mrs. Burlingame said.
“They’re worried about torture of hard-core terrorists? This is really something I would expect to read in the Onion.”
About the Author
this is a bio
- Flight security stiffened after failed plot
- Alleged terrorist charged with attempt to explode plane
- Airlines told to limit plane's time on tarmac
- Government imposes 3-hour limit on tarmac strandings
- Millions spent on security retreats
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors