- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Execution the key for Redskins
Question of the Day
“The call is harder but you don’t necessarily have to get it all,” Zorn said. “If you get a first down off your second-and-long play, great. I like to gain more than 1 or 2 yards on first down.”
25-YARD-PLUS PASS PLAYS
1. Packers, Giants: 16
25. Redskins: 6
The Redskins were able to stretch the field early in the season before the offensive line began to break down; the team has lost left tackle Chris Samuels and right guard Randy Thomas for the season. Washington has allowed the sixth-most sacks in the league (17).
Since Samuels was injured, the Redskins have attempted only eight passes that traveled more than 15 yards (two completions).
“It’s important, not just for the sake of running 15-play drives all the time but for the sake of having a ‘Boom!’ — and showing that we can still do this and defenses see it on film,” receiver Antwaan Randle El said. “We showed big plays early on but now we’ve kind of fall off. We have to pick it back up.”
Santana Moss’ 59-yard touchdown catch against Tampa Bay is the Redskins’ only pass play longer than 42 yards in the last three games.
“You would like to get a couple per game to be among the top offenses,” said offensive assistant Chris Meidt, who coaches the quarterbacks. “Our goal is to take four-to-five shots a game and if you hit a couple, we’re where we want to be. We’ve had some this year where things haven’t quite worked out — protection, the throw, the route.”
FIRST HALF QB RATING
1. Atlanta: 121.9
28. Redskins: 65.3
The Redskins have been outscored 52-23 in the first half this season and rarely has Campbell established the proper tempo until after halftime.
The team has many more first-half turnovers (seven) than touchdowns (two), and those two scores came on a fake field goal and a 13-yard drive following an interception.
Part of the early-season problem was the Redskins’ defense couldn’t get off the field. The offense had only one first-quarter drive against the Giants and only 19 first-half snaps at Detroit.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world