- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
First Down: Best World Series this decade?
Question of the Day
NEWSMAKERS: WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
He had this one right. Back in May when the Phillies and Yankees played, Rollins predicted this would be the World Series.
Alex Rodriguez said he and Rollins are Hall of Fame shortstops and great leaders — though Jeter is much more of a lock for the Hall.
Cliff Lee starting Game 1 was a no-brainer, but Martinez has plenty at stake in his Game 2 start at Yankee Stadium.
The “Hammer of God” crushed Rollins’ World Series prediction. Note to Rivera: See previous Rollins predictions.
He has been nearly unhittable, but the Phillies have beaten him in the playoffs before — and Brett Myers is back on the roster.
TWT FIVE REASONS THIS IS THE BEST WORLD SERIES THIS DECADE
1. No cream puffs — This series features the 2008 champs against the team with 26 World Series titles.
2. Power, power and more power — This is just the second World Series matching teams that hit more than 200 regular-season home runs.
3. City rivalry — The Phillies and Yankees don’t have a lot of bad blood, but there’s plenty of hate between other teams in the cities (see Giants vs. Eagles on Sunday).
About the Author
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors