- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Former players vent about Redskins ‘mess’
Mr. Mitchell, who last year had an on-air spat with Redskins running back Clinton Portis (Riggins also has singled out Portis), has a Super Bowl ring. It’s from the Redskins’ last championship season, in 1991. Mr. Riggins, Mr. Theismann, former tight end Doc Walker, who has done his share of venting, and ESPN’s Mark Schlereth, another frequent critic, also won Super Bowls playing for coach Joe Gibbs.
Clearly, these are different times.
“You could say the Redskins have never given us an excuse to be able to express our opinions the way we have,” Mr. Theismann said. “We’re part of a different generation of football player. We lived and played in the same community. We took a lot of pride in what we did. For those of us who have stayed here, it’s killing us.”
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.