- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Former players vent about Redskins ‘mess’
Mr. Mitchell, who last year had an on-air spat with Redskins running back Clinton Portis (Riggins also has singled out Portis), has a Super Bowl ring. It’s from the Redskins’ last championship season, in 1991. Mr. Riggins, Mr. Theismann, former tight end Doc Walker, who has done his share of venting, and ESPN’s Mark Schlereth, another frequent critic, also won Super Bowls playing for coach Joe Gibbs.
Clearly, these are different times.
“You could say the Redskins have never given us an excuse to be able to express our opinions the way we have,” Mr. Theismann said. “We’re part of a different generation of football player. We lived and played in the same community. We took a lot of pride in what we did. For those of us who have stayed here, it’s killing us.”
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Couple from Ethiopia begin new life in Dubuque
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again