- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
First Down: Top make-believe facts about Cliff Lee
Question of the Day
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
The Fall Classic heads back to Philadelphia, where the Phillies could win their second consecutive title. The threat of rain for Games 3 and 4 could be the biggest foe this weekend, however.
Vikings at Packers
Now it's Fox's turn to reap the benefits of Brett Favre facing his old team. Stay tuned to see what kind of records the games sets for total viewers.
No. 3 Texas at No. 13 Oklahoma State
The Cowboys could get the inside edge toward the Big 12 title game with an upset win, but the Longhorns still have BCS championship hopes.
No. 4 USC at No. 10 Oregon
Oregon is leading the Pac-10, but a win by the Trojans would put a Rose Bowl berth up for grabs among as many as four teams.
TWT FIVE MAKE-BELIEVE FACTS ABOUT PHILLIES PITCHER CLIFF LEE
1. Cliff Lee likes to pick up hitchhikers because he never lets a man walk.
2. Cliff Lee once struck out a man just by staring him down.
3. Cliff Lee has no shadow. No one shadows Cliff Lee.
4. The Boogeyman looks in his closet every night to check for Cliff Lee.
5. The Most Interesting Man in the World drinks whatever Cliff Lee is having.
HE SAID WHAT?
"I can't imagine somebody going five or six straight years to the World Series and winning three or four straight. I can't even think about that. I'm dying like heck for us to win two."
- Phillies manager Charlie Manuel
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world