- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
Rankings for all 120 Division I football teams
16. Oklahoma State — National title contenders play defense, and the Cowboys often do not.
17. Kansas — Arduous schedule could scuttle Jayhawks’ Big 12 title hopes — again.
18. Oregon — Run-happy Ducks unlikely to fade after transition from Bellotti to Chip Kelly.
19. Nebraska — Didn’t take long for Bo Pelini to revitalize the Cornhuskers, who could win Big 12 North.
20. TCU — For a textbook defensive display, see Horned Frogs’ Sept. 12 visit to Virginia.
21. Florida State — With a dominant line and a feisty defense, Seminoles should win ACC Atlantic.
22. Michigan State — Not quite on Big Ten’s top tier, but Spartans are a clear favorite for third.
23. Utah — From unbeaten to… merely contending for a Mountain West title. Life could be worse.
24. Texas Tech — Aaargh! Pirate-loving Leach will look up at three salty scalawags in tough Big 12 South.
25. Cincinnati — Even with 10 lost starters on defense, it remains unwise to discount mad genius Kelly.
26. Clemson — Spiller-for-Heisman campaign starts (and could end) Sept. 10 against Georgia Tech.
27. West Virginia — The QB limelight finally belongs to longtime understudy Jarrett Brown.
28. Iowa — Hawkeyes will miss Shonn Greene a lot, star defensive tackles even more.
29. Brigham Young — Cougars ended last year with a thud, but program still looks capable.
30. N.C. State — Wolfpack’s omnipresent caveat: If Russell Wilson can stay healthy…
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at email@example.com.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014