- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Rankings for all 120 Division I football teams
Question of the Day
46. Wake Forest — Deacons sustained serious losses on defense, but Grobe will find a way to win seven.
48. Michigan — All eyes on Rodriguez as Wolverines attempt recovery from abominable 3-9.
49. Arkansas — Look for an uptick from Razorbacks, just not into top half of the SEC.
50. Central Michigan — Veteran QB LeFevour could march Chippewas to another Motor City Bowl.
51. Connecticut — Not much buzz with Huskies, who lose power rusher Brown to the pros.
52. Maryland — Schizophrenic Terps are 6-2 against ranked teams since 2007, 8-10 against everyone else.
53. Southern Mississippi — With tailback Fletcher reinstated, Eagles could surprise in C-USA.
54. Tulsa — Golden Hurricane have lots to replace on prolific offense, but winning eight games is plausible.
55. Colorado — It still ain’t intramurals in Boulder, where the time to win is just about now.
56. Arizona — After QB Tuitama’s graduation, how will the Wildcats fare on offense?
57. Western Michigan — Broncos probably the most capable MAC team of derailing Central Michigan.
58. Auburn — The question is revitalizing the Tigers; the answer might not be “5-19 Gene” Chizik.
59. Vanderbilt — Commodores’ offense requires improvement to secure another bowl bid.
60. Boston College — Longtime assistant Spaziani finally gets his chance with workmanlike Eagles.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at email@example.com.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq